Friday, October 17, 2008

Photos of my woodworking





Several people ask me to post some woodworking projects I have made. At first I hesitated since this is a photo blog, but I did shoot the photos of the items. Woodworking is a craft much like photography. It takes time to perfect your skills, it takes patience, a sense of color, design, harmony, etc. Anyway I made a vaniety for a new bathroom from Cherry. The book stand I made last year for a client in Columbia who gave it as a gift to his wife. It's made from walnut, the top is a walnut burl and the center post I used a process called bent wood lamination. I made the inlay using contrasting wood. The fish handles were for kitchen cabinets I made for my brother-in-laws' cabin on a lake in Ely, MN. The different colors are all natural from different wood species.

5 comments:

Chris Barnes said...

dang that stuff looks cool.

katie said...

i can't believe we all have blogs now. well... almost all of us.

yep - good shots of your woodworking dad. it's hard to tell just how gigantic that book stand is though - need someone standing next to it. might have to photoshop that, since didn't you sell that one a while ago?

Anonymous said...

as if your woodworking wasn't incredible on it's own you are an amazing photographer which makes it look that much better! Beautiful fred

Fred Barnes said...

Molly, thanks for your comments.

Mom and Pop Wood Shop said...

Beautiful! Your work is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing.